Charli Cleland is an Associate Attorney with Rismiller Law Group. His work is inspired by his love for storytelling and his commitment to making the law accessible to others. At the Rismiller Law Group, Mr. Cleland’s practice focuses on Family Law, Criminal Defense, Estates and Probate and Civil Litigation.
“Your story is your greatest legacy, let me help you write it.”
– Charli Cleland
After law school, he worked as a Public Defender at the Legal Aid Society in Brooklyn, NY where he co-founded the Black Attorneys of Legal Aid Caucus. His practice as a public defender involved handling hundreds of misdemeanor cases and first chairing several trials. His trial cases all resulted in acquittals.
- New York
- Washington, DC (pending)
- Brooklyn Law School – J.D. with a specialization in Criminal Law
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County – B.A in Psychology with minors in Political Science and Gender Studies
- Edward V. Sparer Fellowship
- John A. Ronayne Memorial Prize
- CALI Excellence for the Future in Trial Advocacy
- CALI Excellence for the Future in Gender, Race and Crime
Located in the heart of Montgomery County, the Rismiller Law Group offices are next to the Circuit Court and District Court buildings, and conveniently situated within walking distance to the Rockville Metro Station.